Does the world really need another banana bread recipe? When it’s this good, it does. This bread is sweet, rich and comforting whilst still feeling super light and fluffy.
Two of our favourite things are baking and finding creative ways of using food that might otherwise go to waste. Baking vegan banana bread doesn’t just satisfy both of those desires, it also yields an irresistible bake.
This nutritious recipe contains our best-selling Chocolate Vegan Protein Blend, making it perfect for a post-workout treat or healthy mid-afternoon snack. Then, it’s also topped with Organic Chia Seeds and Oats for a great kick of healthy fats and fibre in every slice.
We don’t think banana bread gets any better than this, so why not give it a try and see if you think we’re right?
High-Protein Chocolate Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas
- 65g Chocolate Vegan Protein Blend
- 200g self-raising flour
- ½tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 126g plant milk
- 75g vegan chocolate
- 60g vegan yoghurt
- 1 tsp Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp of Oats
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
- Mash the bananas, reserving one for later and mix the protein powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda.
- Mix in the plant milk, yoghurt and apple cider vinegar.
- Chop the chocolate and stir ¾ into the mix and pour into loaf tin.
- Sprinkle remaining on top and slice the remaining banana length ways so you have two long pieces, place on top of the batter and sprinkle over the chia seeds and oats, bake for 45 minutes.
- Leave to cool in tin and then wire rack and enjoy!